Keith Earls autobiography coming this October

first_imgTwitter Print Linkedin LimerickNewsSportRugbyKeith Earls autobiography coming this OctoberBy Ronan Calvert – May 21, 2021 120 WhatsApp Earls grew up in Moyross and attended St Munchin’s and St Nessan’s College. He is the son of Young Munster legend Ger Earls and has done his father proud with one of the most inspiring careers in Irish rugby history.The book is being ghostwritten by Sunday Independent writer Tommy Conlon and promises to be one of the best sports books in a number of years.The post Keith Earls autobiography coming this October appeared first on Sporting Limerick. Advertisement Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live Donal Ryan names Limerick Ladies Football team for League opener KEITH Earls’ autobiography ‘Fight or Flight: My Life, My Choices’ is to be released this Autumn by publishers Reach Sports.Guinness PRO14, Thomond Park, Limerick 29/12/2018Munster vs LeinsterMunster’s Keith Earls makes his way onto the pitchMandatory Credit ©INPHO/Dan SheridanLegendary Munster winger Keith Earls has been a fan favourite at Thomond Park since 2008 and has represented his country 93 times. Earls was also selected for the 2009 Lions Tour to South Africa.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up In terms of trophies, the 33 year-old has won the Heineken Cup, two Magners Leagues and a Grand Slam. He was also named Rugby Writers Player of the Year and Munster Rugby Player of the Season in 2018. WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Facebook TAGSKeeping Limerick PostedKeith EarlslimerickLimerick PostMunster.Rugby Email Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Previous articleAldi Roches St Limerick gets the green lightNext articleTEAM; Billy Lee makes keeps the faith as he names his Limerick XV ahead of Offaly visit Ronan Calvert Roisin Upton excited by “hockey talent coming through” in Limericklast_img read more

US extends non-essential travel restrictions with Canada, Mexico

first_imgMexico’s foreign ministry said in a tweet on Tuesday that the travel restrictions across the country’s border with the United States would continue for 30 days.The United States said it was in “close contact” with both countries on its northern and southern borders about the restrictions, which were first imposed in mid-March. The Trump administration had already extended indefinitely a separate set of pandemic-related rules that permit rapid deportation of migrants caught at US borders.Separately, the US Department of Justice on Tuesday said in a statement it was again postponing hearings for thousands of migrants who have been waiting in Mexico for US immigration court hearings.The Justice Department, which runs the immigration court system, said the hearings for those in the so-called Migrant Protection Protocols program would be on hold until July 20.”This will alleviate the need for travel within Mexico to a US port of entry while pandemic conditions in Mexico remain severe,” the Justice Department said. The controversial program has stranded migrants – many of them seeking asylum in the United States – in Mexico for months.Hundreds have been living in squalid tent camps near the US-Mexico border, which health experts and immigration advocates have said leaves them vulnerable to coronavirus infections. The Trump administration said on Tuesday it would extend existing restrictions on non-essential travel at land ports of entry with Canada and Mexico due to continued risks from the novel coronavirus pandemic.”This extension protects Americans while keeping essential trade and travel flowing as we reopen the American economy,” US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Acting Secretary Chad Wolf said in a statement, without specifying an end date to the extension.The travel restrictions had already been extended several times and were set to expire on June 23, according to a related US government notice. A DHS official said the latest extension would run for 30 days. Topics :last_img read more

Ronaldo enters 14-day quarantine after returning to Juventus

first_imgCRISTIANO Ronaldo will be placed in quarantine for two weeks after the Juventus star returned to Turin.The Portuguese attacker spent almost two months in his native Madeira as the coronavirus pandemic struck Italy, forcing the country into lockdown.Ronaldo was expected back on May 18, when clubs were initially scheduled to return to training.The Italian government moved that date forward to May 4 after many regions gave permission for training centres to open again, prompting Juventus to recall the foreign players who had left the country as the Covid-19 situation grew worse.The players coming back will have to undergo two weeks of quarantine upon their arrival in Italy before they can begin training again.While Ronaldo, 35, and his family were on the way back to Turin, many of his team-mates were being tested for coronavirus at the Juventus Training Centre.Aaron Ramsey, Federico Bernardeschi, Juan Cuadrado, Carlo Pinsoglio and Merih Demiral, who is recovering from injury, were all examined.As of Tuesday, training will resume but players will have to work on their own to abide by social distancing rules.Although all 20 Serie A clubs voted to get the season underway again whenever it is safe to return and are now easing their way back to training, it remains unknown when football will be played again.Despite the government’s decision to lift restrictions on athletes of team sports returning to training, the nation’s Sports Minister, Vincenzo Spadafora, said there is “no way” football can return soon.Although there have been fears that the government could ban some sports for several months, Italian Football Federation (FIGC) president Gabriele Gravina has warned that such a move “would be the death of Italian football”, while Lazio sporting director Igli Tare said clubs are willing to wait several months before resuming the season.“I heard that the order could come from the Minister of Sport this week,” he said. “But that would not be within his remit. FIFA, UEFA and FIGC have explained that the leagues must be finished within the calendar year.“If we don’t start the league again in June, we will do it when it’s possible.”(GOAL.com)last_img read more

Google takes on Snapchat with its own Stories format

Google takes aim at Snapchat Google launched its own “stories” format Tuesday to compete with Snapchat and Instagram with image-driven news articles aimed at mobile phone and tablet users. Google expands speedy news page program © 2018 AFP Explore further Citation: Google takes on Snapchat with its own ‘Stories’ format (2018, February 13) retrieved 18 July 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2018-02-google-snapchat-stories-format.html Content for its “AMP stories” initially comes from outlets like CNN, The Washington Post, Conde Nast, Wired and US People magazine, and is designed to load much faster on mobile devices than conventional articles and videos.”On mobile devices, users browse lots of articles, but engage with few in-depth,” said Rudy Galfi, who is heading the drive at Google.”Images, videos and graphics help get readers’ attention as quickly as possible and keep them engaged through immersive and easily consumable visual information,” he added.”AMP stories” articles fill the screen and are image and video led. Users can tap on the home screen to read further or simply swipe to the next article.Google claims the format, which it is opening up to software developers, gives “novel ways to tell immersive stories” without the “prohibitively high start-up costs, particularly for small publishers”. It was developed with major US media outlets and can also be read on a computer, although its promoters said the immersive effect is better on mobiles.”AMP stories aim to make the production of stories as easy as possible from a technical perspective,” Google said.”The mobile web is great for distributing and sharing content, but mastering performance can be tricky,” it added.But AMP Stories give “gives great editorial freedom to content creators,” it claimed.Snapchat, Instagram and particularly Facebook have all heavily used their own stories formats for full-screen displays of content.Google said it eventually plans to bring “AMP stories to more products across Google, and expand the ways they appear in Google Search.” This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. read more