StumbleUpon SG OpenMarket approval sees SportCaller expand FTP distribution capacity August 18, 2020 Submit Share Share SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 William Hill accelerates transformation agenda to overcome COVID realities August 5, 2020 Related Articles In response to William Hill’s threats to block the acquisition of NYX Gaming Group Limited by Scientific Games, NYX has launched legal action against the bookmaker. Last week William Hill issued a corporate update, voicing its concerns over the deal and signalling its intention to convert its preference shares into ordinary NYX shares, in order to ensure it had had the power to put the brakes on the proposed acquisition.The NYX board of directors has stated that in spite of the requests of William Hill, due to ‘regulatory and licensing restrictions’ it can’t convert the shares of William Hill into ordinary shares, citing that the conduct of the bookmaker could impact the license of NYX and therefore, it’s currently considering its future options. Throughout its elongated negotiations with Scientific Games, William Hill has emphasised the need for favourable commercial agreements as a result of the deal, specifically with regards to a copy of the NYX source code. Furthermore, William Hill dismissed the idea that it had sought “anti competitive measures” which could halt the deal. In response to the public announcement of William Hill, NYX has updated the corporate market, with the decision to file an action lawsuit in the Superior Court of New Jersey. In doing so, NYX has accused William Hill of “wrongful conduct” in its actions, alleging that it violated the New Jersey antitrust act.NYX issued a statement which said: “The complaint seeks injunctive relief, treble damages and attorney’s fees for violations of the New Jersey Antitrust Act, and also alleges tortious interference with economic advantage, and tortious interference with contract, and seeks punitive damages.”The statement of NYX follows on from its announcement that it has come to an agreement with Scientific Games for the development of a new sports betting platform for the US market. Moving forward a shareholder meeting is scheduled to be held in Las Vegas on December 11, 2017.
There has been shock in the Glenties area after the sudden closure of the local playground.Children and families were upset to learn the news yesterday that they would lose their beloved community play area due to ongoing issues.The Glenties Playground Committee said they were forced to close after failing to get Donegal County Council to take over responsibility for the space. The committee had sought to hand over the upkeep, maintenance and insurance costs to the council, but efforts to secure this funding were unsuccessful. The committee said that the costs they faced for the insurance and upkeep were unsustainable.Local residents were shocked and disappointed to learn about the sudden closure of the playground on Friday. Parents and grandparents have said that the closure will be a huge loss to the town.However, efforts are now underway to resolve the situation.Local County Councillor Anthony Molloy said he was in contact with the local authority on the matter. Cllr Molloy and Pat the Cope Gallagher TD have planned to meet with the Glenties Playground Committee this Saturday afternoon. “I am confident we can find a swift resolution to the ongoing issues and have it re-opened for the children as soon as possible,” Cllr Molloy said.Independent councillor Michael Cholm Mac Giolla Easbuig added that such playgrounds are a service for the community which must be funded by the council.Cllr Mac Giolla Easbuig said: “There is a dozen-plus playgrounds like this organised and run by community committees. If they can, and if they are willing, they should be handed over to the responsibility of Donegal County Council. Monies have to be found for the insurance because this is an important service for the community.”Children ‘in tears’ after playground is closed was last modified: October 28th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Glentiesplayground
View comments Kiyomi Watanabe of the Philippines clinches the gold medal in the women’s -63kg event of the 29th Southeast Asian Games judo competition Saturday at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center.CONTRIBUTED PHOTO/SEA GAMES MEDIA POOLKUALA LUMPUR — Kiyomi Watanabe proved that she’s a cut above the rest after she left a path of destruction on her way to the judo gold in the 29th Southeast Asian Games Saturday.The 20-year-old Watanabe won all her bouts via ippon — the equivalent of knockout in boxing — taking down Orapin Senatham in just 36 seconds for her third straight SEA Games gold in -63-kilograms division.ADVERTISEMENT SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief SEA Games: PH’s Alisson Perticheto tops ice skating short program Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses Read Next PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games PLAY LIST 03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students00:50Trending Articles02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games03:04Filipino athletes share their expectations for 2019 SEA Games00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games LATEST STORIES Shugen came out of the repechage division to edge Ace Ang of Singapore, 3-0, for third place in -66kg.His brother Keisei overpowered Uen Xaisengseum Nouvene of Laos via ippon for -73kg bronze.Watanabe, ranked 23rd in the world in her division, was the most dreaded fighter in the tournament.“But I can’t be very sure so I trained very hard,” said Watanabe, who is a sports science major at Wasida University in Japan.ADVERTISEMENT UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension MOST READ Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games LIST: Class, gov’t work suspensions during 30th SEA Games With Fajardo playing sparingly, Santos delivers for ‘complete’ SMB team WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding “It wasn’t easy,” said Watanabe through her mom Irene who was interpreting from Japanese to Filipino. “There was pressure on my part to win. But she did her best for her country.”This early, Watanabe is being groomed for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutWatanabe was one of the four Fil-Japanese counted upon to win golds in the competition held at KLCC Hall 5.But twins Shugen and Keisei Nakano could only produce bronze in their respective divisions.
DILG, PNP back suspension of classes during SEA Games FEU Auditorium’s 70th year celebrated with FEU Theater Guild’s ‘The Dreamweavers’ Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo National Coffee Research Development and Extension Center brews the 2nd National Coffee Education Congress Church, environmentalists ask DENR to revoke ECC of Quezon province coal plant LATEST STORIES They slug it out anew at 4 p.m. on Wednesday with Pocari Sweat and Air Force disputing the other finals slot at 6:30 p.m.Pablo finished with 22 hits, including 20 attack points, while Panaga wound up with 18.Earlier, Cignal TV and Mega Builders arranged a duel for the men’s title. —CEDELF P. TUPASSports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next MOST READ NGCP on security risk: Chinese just technical advisers “We were really determined to play another game,” said Pocari coach Rico de Guzman.Pablo, a strong candidate to win this conference’s Most Valuable Player award, said team effort saw them through.“We just kept the faith and showed teamwork,” said Pablo.BaliPure also forced a do-or-die after a 25-19, 19-25, 25-16, 18-25, 15-13 victory over Creamline in the other semifinal duel.It was Creamline’s first loss this conference after sweeping the elimination round and winning Game 1, 25-19, 13-25, 28-26, 18-25, 15-7.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Jeanetta Panaga and Myla Pablo delivered in the clutch, combining for the last six points of the Lady Warriors who stayed on track for a fourth straight championship.Panaga finished off the Lady Jet Spikers with a check ball off a quick attack that leveled their best-of-three Final Four series.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsThe former St. Benilde ace earlier scored on back-to-back hits to shatter the 9-all count then added another off a poor Air Force receive while Pablo scored on a drop shot and on a kill block off Iari Yongco that made it 14-10.But Air Force, which surprised the three-time champion, 25-20, 25-19, 25-21, in the opener Saturday, refused to give up and pulled to within 12-14. Reed seals 70.3 3-peat Pocari Sweat poured it all in the fifth set to even things up with Hair Fairy Air Force, 25-22, 16-25, 23-25, 25-21, 15-12, and forge a sudden-death for a finals berth in the Premier Volleyball League Open Conference at Filoil Flying V Centre in San Juan on Sunday.The Lady Warriors nearly squandered a 9-5 lead in the decider but leaned on their championship experience to outlast the Lady Jet Spikers.ADVERTISEMENT Trump strips away truth with hunky topless photo tweet Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ View comments
A checklist on where to eat and what to shop for.Food Asian plattersInformal, contemporary and no-fuss, Holy Basil, the specialty restaurant at the newly launched Radisson Blu Plaza is the perfect space to spend a leisurely evening at. The beautiful Buddha figurine and the lanterns hung from the ceiling set,A checklist on where to eat and what to shop for.FoodAsian plattersInformal, contemporary and no-fuss, Holy Basil, the specialty restaurant at the newly launched Radisson Blu Plaza is the perfect space to spend a leisurely evening at. The beautiful Buddha figurine and the lanterns hung from the ceiling set the mood for the delicious South-East Asian feast that is on offer here. The menu is a blend of Thai, Japanese and Chinese cuisines featuring sushi, sashimi, roast meats, dim sum and a variety of wok-fried delicacies. Their duck cooked in Chinese wine and oyster sauce, sauteed lobsters with asparagus and the robatayaki (traditional Japanese grill) are cracker dishes. Wrap up your meal with selections from the dessert menu like the chocolate spring rolls and green tea crepe.Meal for two: Rs 1800 plus taxes.Where: Road No 6, Banjara Hills.Tel: 6733 1133.ShoppingBling bagsJazz up your evening wardrobe with this handbag from Da Milano’s autumn 2012 collection. It is a lovely blue bag with woven detailing that promises to be an attention grabber. Price: On request.Where: Shopper’s Stop, Begumpet.Tel: 27761084.Q and A: Winning strokesAn inspirational biography of badminton ace Saina Nehwal, written by journalist TS Sudhir was released in the city last month. The book couldn’t have come at a better time with Nehwal clinching the bronze for India at the Olympics. Simply Hyderabad caught up with the senior journalist.Q. What was your biggest reason for writing this book?A. I have followed badminton as a sport and also Saina Nehwal’s badminton career ever since she started out. Saina’s rise to her current stature is an interesting story of hard work as well as unconditional support from her parents. This book is not just Saina’s story but is as much about badminton in India, Pullela Gopichand’s story and that of many other players who are not so commonly known. In a cricket obsessed country like ours, it is important to write about other sports and other sportspersons too.Q. Could you share with us some interesting tidbits about Saina that you came across during the course of your work?A. There are quite a few things. Something that immediately comes to mind is this comment made by her fitness trainer who says that while Saina is very disciplined about fitness, once she’s done with what she needs to, she’s like any other youngster who’d laze around, not want to shower on time, leave her clothes piled up on chairs-that kind of stuff. I’ve attempted to introduce to the reader who Saina is as a person, behind the sportswoman that we are all familiar with.Q. Howcome you chose to write a biography of someone as young as Saina?A. Yes, it is unusual to write a biography of a 22-year-old. But my idea was to write this book while Saina is still active. Her never-say-die attitude, her focus on the game and the undying hunger to win is bound to inspire many youngsters who might end up reading the biography.Q. Did you have to tweak your style of writing for this book?A. Yes. My writing in here is very simple and straightforward unlike the more stylized kind of writing that I tend to indulge in otherwise. I needed to ensure that the book is read by all age groups and particularly by school goers.Q. What does Saina have to say about the book?A. Well, she hasn’t read it yet. She wasn’t even reading newspapers before she was headed to London for the Olympics. Now that she’s back, she should read it, hopefully.advertisement
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Anderlecht player-manager Kompany interested in Bristol City defender Williamsby Paul Vegas20 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveAnderlecht player-manager Vincent Kompany is interested in signing veteran defender Ashley Williams.Kompany is eyeing the veteran to bolster his struggling side, according to reports.The former Manchester City captain has overseen just one win this season with his side already 14 points behind leaders Club Brugge.The Sun says the 33-year-old is eyeing up a swoop for current Bristol City defender Williams when his contract ends in January. Williams left Everton at the end of last season.
Barcelona coach Valverde worried about feud between Spanish FA and LaLigaby Carlos Volcano3 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBarcelona coach Ernesto Valverde admits he’s concerned the feud between the Spanish FA and LaLiga will be damaging.No agreement has been reached between the two governing bodies on the new date of El Clasico between the Blaugrana and Real Madrid, which was postponed due to the unrest in the Catalan capital, although it was initially scheduled for October 26.”I would like common sense to prevail,” Valverde told reporters at a press conference on Tuesday evening.”Espanyol’s game against Villarreal was played and that of the following week was suspended.”We must trust that Catalan society is fine and it would be a demonstration of maturity on everyone’s part.”I wouldn’t like the internal wars between the federation and LaLiga to affect us.”I would have liked to play [El Clasico] and give everything a normal feel.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say
The Ohio State men’s basketball team fell on the road to Iowa Saturday afternoon, 76-67. Buckeyes’ freshman guard D’Angelo Russell, as he’s done basically all season, shined in defeat. Russell, a projected top-10 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft, totaled 27 points, 14 rebounds and two assists against the Hawkeyes. He deserved at least three assists, though. Check out this ridiculous one-handed bounce pass Russell threw in the first half:That’s an NBA-caliber feed from a future NBA player. With the loss, Ohio State falls to 14-5, 3-3 in the Big Ten, while Iowa improved to 13-5, 4-1 in the conference.
APTN National NewsThere are no hard numbers to determine how many inmates in Canada’s justice system suffer from fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. But the Yukon government is looking to find out. It’s launching a new study, the first of its kind in the country, to find out how many prisoners have F-A-S-D.APTN’s Shirley McLean has more.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and Wells Fargo Securities say they have agreed in principle to settle a lawsuit over Rhode Island’s failed $75 million deal with former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling’s videogame company.But they said in a court filing on Thursday that final approval is delayed due to the government shutdown. They’re asking a federal judge to put the case on hold until the shutdown is over and the agreement can be considered and approved.The SEC sued Wells Fargo and Rhode Island’s economic development agency in 2016, accusing them of making misleading statements about bonds used to fund the deal to move 38 Studios from Massachusetts to Rhode Island.The economic development agency previously settled the case, paying a $50,000 penalty without admitting wrongdoing.Michelle R. Smith, The Associated Press